Trusted Partners - Spouse Support
Comprehensive support for spouses
Moving to the UK is a big step for employees, but in many ways accompanying spouses face an even bigger challenge. Without the easy social interaction of the workplace, relocation is even more of a leap in the dark for them.
The obvious language difference is only the tip of the ice-berg. Education, healthcare, leisure activities, shopping, social conventions, even body language, may all be radically different from back home. The frustration and isolation which spouses experience cannot be underestimated and their dissatisfaction can have a direct bearing on the employee's ability to focus on the assignment.
To counteract these problems, we offer friendly, personal and practical support which will help spouses approach the prospect of living in the UK with confidence and enjoy their time here to the full.
Before the assignment...
We provide email or telephone support before the relocation to discuss:
- Schooling - with advice from an experienced Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) inspector.
- Social organisations for spouses and children - we can investigate local facilities and contact organisers on the family's behalf to ensure a friendly welcome.
- Support mechanisms - we'll research local medical and dental practitioners, obtain the relevant forms, and outline what the spouse needs to do to register.
Alternatively, we are happy to meet with the spouse when they arrive to discuss their concerns and requirements in person.
During the assignment...
Once the family is based here, we can provide:
- A friendly ear for any problems, with advice by email or phone from a qualified life coach on issues such as building good relationships with teachers and helping children to settle and form friendships.
- Regular one-to-one or small group English language tuition in a relaxed setting from a qualified, experienced teacher of English as a Foreign Language. Lessons will be very practical and focus on helping the spouse to practise coping with real-life situations. This assistance is available to spouses willing to travel to the Reading area or where companies will cover the tutor's travel expenses.
Tel: +44 (0)118 969 9389
« Back to our Trusted Companies Page